Sunday, February 2, 2014
Fettuccine cream with chicken and mushrooms
• 40 g of butter
• 1 kilo of chicken breast (in fillets, cubes or slices)
• 2 onions sliced
• 400 g mushrooms (can be cut to taste)
• 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
• 2 cups milk
• 2 tablespoons of flour
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 150 ml heavy cream
• 100 g tender spinach
• 400 g fettuccine
How to prepare
Preparation: 5 min › cooking: 25 min › ready in: 30 min
1. Place enough water with salt in a large pot and let it boil over high heat.
2. Kitchen butter, onion, garlic and mushrooms over medium heat. FRY for about 10 minutes, depending on what so cooked the mushrooms you like.
3. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown to take.
4. At this point the water should be boiling. Add the pasta.
5. Move the chicken, onions and mushrooms to the edge of the pan. Add the flour and mix with the butter in the skillet until it begins to bubble. It is likely that you need to add butter.
6. Turn off the heat and add the milk slowly while you stir with a spoon to mix well to incorporate.
7. Turn on the stove to simmer, stirring while the sauce thickens. Add the cheese and mix well, then add cream stirring constantly until well incorporated.
8. Add spinach and cooking for 5 minutes to soften the leaves, stirring occasionally.
9. Test the pasta to be sure that it is "firm but gentle" and drain.
10. Serve the chicken and sauce over pasta.